When I arrived, it was right before The Joint Winter Conference, which is a conference that the ministry does in South Africa on the students’ winter break. (For those of you like me who did not know, it is winter right now on that side of the world.) So, the majority of my time was spent at this conference with about 400 South African students and staff and our CCP teams. I stayed in a room with 2 of the students from our CCP as well as 7 students from the University of Pretoria in South Africa. It was an amazing experience to just jump right into getting to know these guys and play whatever role God would allow in their spiritual journeys. I was fortunate to have guys who were all over the place staying in my room, in the sense that some guys were at the conference to just learn more about the Gospel and see if this was something they wanted, while others were there to grow in their walks and learn how to minister to others.
The Lord was very gracious in allowing me to connect with guys in the room and build some pretty significant bonds in such a short amount of time. There are two guys in particular, Mc’D and Lungi, that I really got to share my life with. There are two guys who have become Christians within the past year and have really been growing in their walks and are very hungry. There were many opportunities that I got to open my life to them and share what God has done in me and others in which I got to speak into their lives and push them further in their walks. The day I left, when I was saying goodbye to Mc’D, was really encouraging. He told me that although it had only been a few days, I had significantly impacted his life and shown him a lot and that he was going to pray that I would continue to do the same with the guys I minister to back at my campus.
The whole experience was one in which the Lord just showed me a lot about how he works and I feel like I saw the real power of God at work in the hearts of young believers. It has really made me more hungry for the Lord to do more here in the states through me and our ministry here. A few things that you guys can be praying for:
These are two guys that are really seeking to minister to the guys around them.
1) That Kaye and I would continue to work at our marriage and God would grow our love for Him and also for each other.
2) That the Lord would continue to bless the ministry there in South Africa and continue to raise up students who catch the vision of building laborers.
3) That the Lord would work in our students there on the CCP, transforming their vision for building laborers through discipleship.
4) That the Lord would continue shaping the students here at The Leadership Project and building in them a heart for the lost.
5) That the Lord would give us vision for the way that He would have us labor here on our campuses and specific direction for this next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment